Saturday, March 21, 2009

Trumpet in Hands means Trumpet Mastery


PREFACE:No one is more qualified to write a book about the trumpet than is a teacher of this instrument who also plays it. The ideas and so-called theories of a mere trumpet instructor are always limited and remain refutable, if said instructor writes and teaches only from a mathematical mechanical approach.This book is designed especially for the professional and nonprofessional trumpet enthusiast and therefore supersedes the primary lessons and exercises of beginners.This book is written by a devoted trumpeter who in addition to playing his regular engagements dedicates his time and very being to the trumpet and to those who are interested in furthering their trumpet studies.I am that trumpeter who in this book shares succinct and unapologetic theories with you.I am for the trumpet player, regardless of his national culture. Most of the questions asked me about he trumpet have been universal; that is, my Uruguayan, Argentinian, Brazilian, Costa Rican, and Mexican students (in their respective countries) have wanted to know the same things that my Armenian, Norwegian, and North American students ask. I have included their questions and perhaps yours too, along with my answers and musical illustrations.That which is more autobiographical than academic in this book serves to show you just where I'm coming from with respect to my observations and ideas as a musician. It helps tremendously if you, the Reader, can know the test-tube I was poured form, if you are to envelop the full impact of my teachings.In this book I don't contradict another's theories in order to build up mine; so, throughout these chapters as you read, don't look for an iconoclast to war against anterior authors. What I have proven to myself already, the same I can demonstrate on my trumpet. As a colleague I share my knowledge with you in the following thirteen chapters. Federico Cervantes

No comments:

Post a Comment