Saturday, March 21, 2009


Freddie Gambrell is an artist, an artist of music and faithful talent. Born in Virginia, he started his life always having a special passion for music. Freddie Gambrell, (Frederic Lee Gambrell II), became totally blind as a teenager because of an accident involving a vehicle. He changed his name in or around the year of 1965 to Federico Cervantes, although he has performed all over the world with both names. He has 6 children, and I, Anna Cervantes, his youngest, have designed and dedicated this website in remembrance of him. Federico (I knew him by this name) quietly passed away on July 9, 2004. Some people with whom I have communicated described my father as a legend, a man of humble circumstances, with not enough credit granted for his amazing talent. One man, when told of my father's passing, described him as, ALoss to the World

No comments:

Post a Comment